Questions and Answers for Missouri Fingerprint Services
1. How do I register for fingerprint services
· Obtain your REQUIRED registration code from your employer or licensing agency
· Register online only through the State of Missouri at www.machs.mo.gov
· Select Payment Option
· Print or Write Down TCN Number
· Find a Fingerprint Site Location (select Livescan Office Map and Working Hours link at the end of registration)
No scheduling or appointments are required at fingerprint site
locations. Service is available at your convenience during the sites’ posted
hours of operation.
Be advised that fingerprint traffic is typically heavy. Plan your visit to fingerprint locations accordingly.
2. What if I do not have a 4 digit registration code?
Contact your employer/licensing agency
3. What should I bring to the fingerprinting site?
· TCN Number (REQUIRED)
· One form of valid photo ID
§ (State Issued Driver's License, State Issued Identification Card, US Passport, US Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military ID Card (000 10-2)with Photograph, Government Issued Employee Identification Card with Photograph, Tribal Identification Card with Photograph)
· Payment (If not paid for online by credit card or by the Agency)
4. Credit Card Payments
Credit card payments are accepted during registration only. Fingerprinting sites will not accept credit card payments at the time of fingerprinting.
5. Checks and Money Orders
Checks and money orders must be made out to 3M Cogent for the exact amount.
6. How do I print a receipt for proof of fingerprinting?
- Click on “Payments and Receipts” located under registration
- Enter in your TCN number and Last name
7. What if I need to cancel my registration?
Visit https://www.cogentid.com/mo/index.htm and select Cancel Registration
8. I just registered to be fingerprinted and I paid online. How much time do I have to get fingerprinted?
We recommend that printing take place within 60 days of registration, but there is no time limit unless required by your employer/licensing agency.
9. What happens if my fingerprints are rejected by the FBI?
Poor fingerprint detail may be caused by age, trade, or some other environmental/physical condition. In the case of a fingerprint rejection by the FBI, applicants are requested by the FBI to submit a second set of fingerprints, at no charge to the applicant. This second submission must occur before alternative means of conducting a federal background can be initiated.
If an applicant is rejected they will be contacted by 3M Cogent to submit a second set of fingerprints. Individuals should take their new TCN number (provided by 3M Cogent) and proper identification to the nearest Missouri Fingerprint location. Individuals do not need to re-register for their second fingerprinting session if they received a rejection call. If an individual’s fingerprints are rejected a second time by the FBI, notification is forwarded to employer/licensing agency to then conduct a name based check based on the demographic information on the initial application. Results of the FBI name based record check are also forwarded by the FBI to employer/licensing agency.
10. What should I do if I register and pay the incorrect amount for fingerprinting?
- If you registered incorrectly and have already been fingerprinted, call the Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP) at 573-526-6153 – Carol Kampeter (ext. 2617) or Sue Lauberth (ext. 2620)
- If you registered incorrectly and realize prior to getting fingerprinted, call the 3M Cogent Call Center to get re-registered at 1-877-862-2425